Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sorted for E's & Wizz (redux)

If you happened to make it to Emo's last night for Peter Murphy, then yeah, you saw me get kicked out for crowd surfing. Since when did Emo's become a strong arm camp?

I have a friend who was kicked out of a Kings of Leon show in Seattle for pulling another girl's hair. At least I didn't hurt anyone.

I ended up sitting outside on the curb listening to the rest of the show. Peter still has a great voice.

On another musical note, I have been listening to a lot of Pulp this year. I know, I know, I am late to the game on this one. I actually bought downloaded "Different Class" five years ago and then I started listening to their "Essentials" playlist at work on my iTouch and have really latched onto them and am extrapolating what I would have felt had I been listening to them when they were releasing their albums.

This is just a perfect Brit pop song, 'Do You Remember the First Time?'.



Other outstanding acts that I have been late in learning about in the past include Wedding Present, Stone Roses and George Jones.

****************

I have received more than few inquiries on Troy, my lawn mower borrowing neighbor. I'm not sure why. Yes, he's a piece of work, but you see those kind of guy's down on the Drag (Austin reference) or 6th Street.

He's like a hobo with a full time job. Case in point, here are a couple of pictures of his back yard. Does that not look like a hobo camp?



This is right across the street from me. Here is a picture of my place taken from the hobo camp. I will never receive any awards from the neighborhood association for yard of the month, but I keep things tidy and respectable (please ignore the couch on the patio.)