Wednesday, January 16, 2008

New Road

I might be embarking on a new career with my company. The past 18 months, I have been a dedicated FTE for CA (one of our clients.) CA uses our company's product to train their clients (internal and external) on all the products and services they sell. And I manage all their images they use for such training (with our product.)

Due to internal struggles and politics within the division of their company we deal with, funding for my work is on hold and I have nothing to do. My boss asked me yesterday if I would like to start doing UI work for the Services team (which carries a different skill set than UI work for Engineering.) "Of course!", I yelped.

So I will spend the next few days learning XSLT. XSLT stands for XSL Transformations, by the way. In order to fully grasp XSLT, I must have firm understanding of XPath, so I start now.