Sunday, October 5, 2008

Purchase Pics and a Free Krups

I attended another estate sale this afternoon and bought a box of old photographs and Christmas cards. I am unsure what year this one was taken, but I don't think this was the famous Joe and Marilyn from the 50's. (Click image to enlarge.)



I joined Austin Freecyle a few months ago intent on giving away some things to help reduce clutter around the house. So today, I entered phase two of my big Fall cleaning and rounded up a bunch of clothes for Goodwill and tossing a bunch of junk I have accumulated due to nostalgic attachment.

Most of the stuff was junk, but there was also a Krups mini-cappaccino machine I didn't want so I posted it on Austin Freecycle and got 15 emails within an hour trying to claim it. I finally decided on one person and she is heading over right now to pick it up. Now I have to return 14 emails (PAIN) telling them they weren't selected to win the free prize.

I did post a second notice on the site stating that it was taken but that won't stop some of those lurkers from emailing me anyway. I have to say, this is a bit nerve racking because now I have to wait for this woman to make her way over and who knows what kind of a person she'll turn out to be.

I should be glad someone is getting a free coffee maker and not so down on humanity, huh?

5 minutes later...
As I was typing that last sentence, the woman (Cheryl) showed up to get her coffee maker. She did two strange things. She handed me some literature on her business selling air pollution devices you put on your home air conditioner. Then she told me about having to put her husband on a 2 year restraining order as they go through a divorce (he battered her.)

Kind of weird, but I guess I am glad I met her. I get another chance to do so as she has a booth at InnoTech Conference on October 16th. Maybe I will see you there.

Now I am going to pour myself a glass of wine (red, natch) and watch The Visitor
.