Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My Reunion

Last night was a blur and I want it to remain that way. I had my first big blow out in several weeks and woke up on the patio this morning. I suspect it was induced by the ennui I have been subjected to at work.

I met Sean after work last night at the Veranda for a beer or two, but it wasn't very long until Mr. Whiskey visited our table. We were about to head home when we met some "ladies" and kept drinking with them. They were older ladies, but seemed like fun.

The next thing you know, they talked Sean and myself into going to Houston's for a drink or two. We ended up eating there and drinking until closing. I haven't mentioned this in this forum before, but I was banned from Houston's in February due to dishonest bartender and my friend Loren's drunkenness.

Danielle was our bartender last night and she was very happy to see me and filled me in on the details of what transpired after the ban. It seems that the dishonest bartender was despised as a result by the other bar tenders (or so I was told.) My memory of the Houston's experience fades after that conversation, no doubt reinforcing the owners decision to ban me.

We headed back to the Veranda for one more drink and I headed home to some hungry dogs.