Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Cho Show


Margaret Cho has a new show coming out on the 21st of this month, The Cho Show. Margaret was a stand-up comedian in the 90's with a left wing bent. Shrill doesn't begin to describe most political comedians. Their acts are marked by tedious moralization and oftentimes intellectually lazy observations.

I don't recall Margaret being too didactic, but I know her stand up act wasn't funny. She comes across like an Asian Rosie O'Donnell, which is kind of funny since Rosie landed in hot water for her racist comments towards Asians on "The View" (and no, I don't watch that show.)

Not to say her new show won't be funny, but who knows? That screen capture from her new show sure cracks me up. I wouldn't be at all surprised if this show becomes a hit as she has legions of fan-girls devoted to her .