Monday, August 4, 2008

Film News

I noticed in the news this morning that Morgan Freeman was involved in a car accident last night.

"They had to use the jaws of life to extract him from the vehicle," Clay McFerrin, editor of Sun Sentinel in Charleston, Mississippi, said. "He was lucid, conscious. He was talking, joking with some of the rescue workers at one point."

Lucid, huh? No doubt he is currently addlepated with sedation, if I know him like I think I do...

That brings me to a a fun little project. Morgan's onscreen ubiquity is disconcerting. I like him very much, but he seems to be everywhere. I have spent this summer watching a lot of movies (more than I usually do.) He has appeared in roughly 25% of the movies I watch. (Warning, poker analogy to follow...) I do believe he has overplayed his hand in the film arena. He isn't alone which brings me to my list.

Top 3 actors I like (reasonably so, anyway) that are featured in far too many movies.
  1. Will Ferell
  2. Morgan Freeman
  3. Jack Black
Not to rest on my laurels, I have a second list.

Top 3 actors I wish to never see or here about ever, ever again.
  1. Tom Cruise
  2. Angela Jolie
  3. Todd Bridges
Make your own lists and share with friends and family.