Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Taz Update

I guess this is as good as any place to mention this, but Taz has gone to Doggy Heaven. It was bound to happen. I miss him already.

Other news, my date with Jill on Saturday night didn't go well. I picked her up at 6:30 and she seemed to be a different person than Friday night. She was much more critical and negative. By the end of our first drink, I learned that she didn't like my car, my line of work, or, as it turns out, my "sense" of humor.

Somewhere in the middle of my second cocktail, I began to feel woozy. It wasn't due to the whisky. It felt like someone slipped me a pig sedative. I don't know what it was but I was slurring my speech and had problems focusing my eyes. I suggested we leave and she was all for that.

We didn't even make it to dinner.

She drove my car back to her house. I left my car there and walked over to my office, which was 1/4 mile away and slept on a couch in the reception area.

I woke up Sunday with a terrific headache. I felt fine all of Sunday, but have no idea what was in that drink to make me feel that way.


One last thing, it occured to me that it might not be clear to all that Doggy Heaven, referenced earlier, is a spa for pets on Burnet Road. Taz was sprayed by a skunk he encountered at the park and he needs a bath and shampoo. I have to go pick him up at 4:00.