Saturday, April 26, 2008

Happy Hour Encounter

I've been EXTREMELY busy this week at work and yesterday around 5:00, a couple of guys from work and I decided to and grab some beers.

We ended up at The Flying Saucer. The place was pretty crowded so we had to sit with another group on the couches by the North wall. I ended up hitting it off with one of the girls in the party we joined. We really, really hit it off. In fact, we are going out tonight for dinner and drinks.

I am in a bit of a dilemma, however. She thinks I have more money than I actually do. After my 401K, Roth IRA, IRS debt, car payment and deferred medical payments (Lasik surgery), I barely have enough money left over from my paycheck for the requisite beer and whiskey.

Houston's would be a nice choice, except I have been banned from that establishment. (People love hearing me tell THAT story.)

I can't afford Ruth's Chris or Flemmings for a few more months. First dates are important, as I have chronicled on this site before. I ended up making a reservation for a window table at the Olive Garden. Hey, all you can eat bread sticks!

I will be reporting back in the next few days on how this evening went!