Thursday, April 22, 2010

Wild Encounter

I am lying in bed in one of my parent's guests room in Houston, typing in the dark on my multifunctional iPad, unable to sleep. The reason? Taz is laying next to me.

Taz was sprayed by a skunk this past evening while he was minding his own buisiness in my parent's backyard.

I saw the skunk while looking out the patio window and rushed outside to bring him in, but he saw the skunk too and trotted over (thinking it was a cat, I'm sure) and got hit.

He was sprayed on the left ear and left side of his face. It could have been worse. Much worse.

We cleaned and scrubbed him using conventional Internet wisdom and it helped, but he still smells.

I am letting him sleep up here because I feel bad for him and my parents don't care.

But man, this is hard to take.