Monday, December 15, 2008

Memory of Mike Y.

Time to play catch up on the blog thing. I will attempt a newsy, off the cuff entry (that means this will really suck.)

Chris took me to Chez Z tonight. That's one of her favorite places. Others I know, don't like it that much. The food is over priced, really. It's just OK.

I do like the ambience there, especially around the holidays. They have thousands of Christmas lights and a piano player. The piano player wasn't too loud and actually enjoyable. A nice fit for the mood the place conjures up in the winter. He was playing a Blue Oyster Cult cover when we were leaving.

At one point, the piano player took a break and the piped in music kicked in, ever so softly. I could hear Chuck Mangione's "Feel So Good" and it was a dead on moment for the scene in Fargo where Mike Yanagita professed his long time love for Marge Gunderson in the motel restaurant. The atmosphere was a positive match (DNA lingo.)

When I got home, I started cleaning up my bedroom. I picked up the shirt that I wore to the Christmas party on Saturday night and found a $100 bill in the breast pocket. What the ?!?!?! I guarantee you I didn't have that $100 bill when I left the house Saturday. Now I can afford gifts for the nieces and nephews.