Friday, December 19, 2008

Here Come the Hensmen!

I am scheduled drive to San Antonio to watch the CenTex Rugby finals this Sunday. However, it won't be the Austin Lads I will be watching, but thier old nemesis, The St. Olaf Hensmen. They made it to the final game to be played at 3:00 PM at Clark-Stone Field against Clover City.

We ended up hanging out with some the of Hensmen after the Lads game in October and hit it off. The Hensmen are a good lot, unlike the limp-wristed Sallys from Clover City.

We anticipate a heavy night of drinking (either in celebration or sorrow-drowning) so Karolyn and I booked a room at a motel near Clark-Stone Field (separate beds, however.)

Some of us are meeting up before the game at noon at The Lion and Rose (Alamo Heights location) to kick off the day with beer and chips.

------------------

I have reviewed roughly 25% of the pictures I bought at the estate sale. I have deemed roughly 1 in 75 postable. What is the criteria for posting? It has to interest me and make me wish I was there at the time the picture was taken.

This one amuses me.



I hope to have updates of this weekend posted here early next week.