Sunday, November 16, 2008

Troy's Three Day Weekend

I am not sure why this is, but I receive more reader email about my neighbor Troy, than all other topics combined. Here's another post.

About three hours ago, I was hanging out with Luke and Taz on the back patio eating almonds and blueberries while enjoying a beautiful afternoon. After a few minutes, Cory (one of Troy's housemates) drives by with Troy in the passenger seat. They get out of the car and I hear Troy telling Cory he had taken the trash can to the curb on Thursday. A minute or so later, Troy appears at my back gate to say hello. He says I might have noticed but he had not been around for a few days.

I told him I hadn't really noticed and he proceeds to tell me he just got out of jail. Georgetown police arrested him at his work (vacuum repair shop) on Thursday for not appearing to pay a $225 fine for marijuana possession. He says he completely forgot about it, plus he spent that money on his used HDTV.

The fine was increased to $350 or three days in jail. Since he wouldn't have been able to earn that amount of money working the vacuum repair shop, he opted to sit in the Georgetown jail since Thursday morning.

As he was walking away, he informed me he intended to party tonight! I cautioned him that it was a school night but I could tell he didn't care.