Monday, November 10, 2008

Daniel

This past Autumn, I have undergone a major decluttering phase. I have removed an enormous amount of possessions from my home that I will never ever use, but kept around just in case. Removing these useless items from the home is very liberating.

I have donated several computers, printers and numerous peripherals that I have accumulated over the years to Goodwill. I have also donated other items to the Austin Freecycle community. It feels good.

As I was going through a lot of my old keepsakes and deciding whether to trash them or not, I ran across an old photo of my cousin and myself taken 34 years ago. My cousin (Daniel) died in a car wreck in 1994, but I haven't seen this photo of him in a couple of decades.

He had been arrested several times for B&E, shoplifting and DWI. He was on his was to Huntsville. He checked out before he could get there, man.

RIP, Daniel.