Friday, September 26, 2008

In the Throes...


I'm on vacation until Wednesday and really enjoying myself. I've been hanging out with Uffe quite a bit and that guy likes to drink. A lot! He just recently moved back to Austin after a 19 year absence and we seemed to have picked up right where we left off. I am going to have to take some training classes to keep up with him.

I met Lisa D. (the girl who found Luke for me) this morning for breakfast tacos and coffee at the deli in the Crestview shopping center. Afterwards, I passed an 80's style barbershop (with a 70's style sign) and ventured in. I normally go to Birds for all my coiffure pursuits, but I had a run-in with one of their employees so until she is fired or quits, I have to look elsewhere.

The shop was empty but an old woman emerged from the back after she heard the bell ring as I shut the door. She was easily in her 70's and wore very thick glasses. No way was I going to let her cut my hair. I pretended to be lost and asked her where the nearest HEB was. That was pretty lame on my part, easily the worst moment of this vacation.

I am now taking suggestions for new haircuts establishments, so if you live in Austin and have a legitimate suggestion, go ahead and send me a Twitter.