Monday, September 8, 2008

Another Fabulous Weekend

I had a really good weekend and none of it was scripted, save the house cleaning that I performed (more on that later.)

The weekend started Friday around 3:00 as Loren and I convened at our sacred watering hole, Pluckers (where I am a member in good standing), on 183 & Burnet Road. Loren left after 2 hours and was replaced by Sturge, and a little later, Steve (Chapapotomus) joined the fray.

We then strolled over to Bagpipes (after I suffered a near concussion running into Plucker's front doors) for some beer, whiskey and sliders.

Finally, we ended up at The Veranda and were soon engaging in one bar bet after another over the music piped in through the bar's sound system. I headed home after that and watched Prison Break.

On Saturday, I drove over to Zilker Park to watch my neighbor's boyfriend (Nigel) play in a rugby match (Austin Lads vs. Clover City Mongrels.) The Lads (local heroes) had a keg hidden behind a tree and we drank in the park all afternoon. We stumbled over to Chuy's for dinner after that and I headed home to watch the Longhorns play.

I spent Sunday morning cleaning the kitchen (literally). I encountered a jar I had hidden in the pantry that had been sitting there for six weeks. The contents were an orange liquid with a cheesy, viscous substance floating on top. I was about to chunk the jar, but remembered that this was a project I started so I could produce some homemade bacon vodka.

I put the jar in the freezer and when I get home tonight, I intend to scrape of the fat. If all goes well, I intend to sell this at the Montopolis flea market next weekend.

And finally, I met Christopher and 3 other friends out last night at Flemings where I was treated to a delicious steak dinner, wine and whiskey. I must say, I was in rare form last night. I work-shopped a few gags and told some jokes. Judging by Christopher's reactions, most of my material is ready for the public.