Monday, May 3, 2010

Remembering Lynn

Lynn Redgrave passed yesterday. She was born in Marylebone, London. Since the late 60's, I have always wished I had been born in Marylebone. Paul McCartney lived there and was married at a magistrates office in Marylebone. I got to visit Marylebone in 1998 while walking around London looking at points of interests that many Beatle fans would enjoy. I actually ended up visiting several liquor stores inquiring about Absinthe (legal in the UK), but came up empty.

This is a typical view (as I remember it) from that area. Click to enlarge (highly suggested.)


View Larger Map

I usually think of the movie Georgy Girl (which I actually saw for the first time three years ago) when I think of Lynn Redgrave, even though she starred in The Happy Hooker. That song was a hit in the U.S. when I was in first grade and I have vivid memories of listening to that song on the radio in my bedroom on many a morning as I readied myself for school.

The Seekers performed the song and I can't recall anything else they did.

Here's a treat...