Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Nick P.

Nick's funeral is today at 4:00 PM. I will be attending and also join the funeral party at Katz's immediately following. Nick worked there in some capacity and Marc Katz liked him and has agreed to turn the bar over to the funeral party. (Is funeral party correct?)

Many of you are aware that I am in the midst of a prop bet that imposes an alcohol free lifestyle until June 1st. Due to the nature of the circumstances, I am invoking force majeure and will indulge in drink this evening. This has already been agreed upon by all concerned parties.

I don't have too much to say about Nick, but I will say this. He was an incredibly intelligent person (had a Physics and Law degree) but he lived in a tent on the Green Belt. Over the years, alienated nearly everyone he was ever close to. I expect that the funeral will be very well attended, however. That speaks volumes, though, I am not sure about what.

I wish he were still here.